• Stay on topic. Make your contribution relevant to the original post.
• Please do not post text in all CAPS. Nobody likes to be yelled at.
• Be polite. Everyone likes to be treated with respect, so inappropriate language, harsh criticism, or disrespect of others’ opinions are not allowed. Constructive criticism of blog posts is encouraged.
• Report violations. Use the report button. Inform us so that we can take
• Our Forum is not a chat room, and we recommend that you avoid direct
responses to others’ comments as that often leads to bickering. Do not react openly to guideline violations. Someone else’s violation is not an excuse for you to respond or react in a way that violates our guidelines. The best advice is: Stay on topic & Report violations.
• Please do not spam. Spam is defined as an irrelevant or commercial post. Posts considered spam will be removed.
• Racist, sexist, offensive or personal attacks against anyone will be not
• Do not feed the trolls. Do not be a troll. “Trolls” are people who post messages intended to infuriate you and get you to respond. Examples are turning a debate into a religious flame war. Examples are stating all Catholics are complicit in child abuse, all Muslims are terrorists or the like. Trolls feed on such responses. The only way to stop Trolls is to ignore them. Report Trolls to us and we’ll take care of them.
• Please do not post inappropriate material.
• Do not help people break the law. Speaking of the existence of law breaking is OK. Sharing how to scam people or perform other illegal acts is prohibited.
• Do not impersonate or invade privacy. Impersonating other Forum members, the Ysb staff, or anyone else for that matter will not be tolerated. Do not post private information about others.
Okay, now the fine print. Please read this:
• Stay Current. We will update our Rules periodically. You should check back when you see updates.
• We’re all big boys and girls. You are responsible for your own actions and
content posted on our Forum.
• You must register to comment . You must supply a username and an e-mail address. It is up to you whether or not you comment under your known name, or a pseudonym.
• Please do not post your email address and other personal contact information on our Forum.
• If you are a new commenter it will be held for moderation as an anti-spam
check. Once your initial comment has been approved, all future comments will appear automatically. It can take a few hours for someone to check the
moderation queue, so just be patient.
• If your comment has disappeared, it has probably been reported as being
potentially abusive. A moderator will review the comment and decide
whether it meets out comments guidelines.
• The “Have Your Say” thread has no set topic, so nothing there is off topic.
Moderation will be slightly lighter in “Have Your Say”, but abusive comments will still face a sanction.
• Comments are not vetted before they appear. They are also often not read later on by myself as editor, as I do not spend all day reading the comments. if you think a comment is unacceptable, you need to bring it to my attention.
• The only two ways to do this is to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not Tweet
about it, blogging elsewhere on it, facebooking it – none of these are ways to complain. I need people to e-mail me, as that allows me to see it in a dedicated inbox, and have myself or a moderator action it. Be aware it can take a few hours for action to occur. In your e-mail please include a link to the actual comment.
• The other way you can signal you think a comment is unacceptable, is to click on the link which says “Report Abusive Comment”. If a certain threshold is reached of people reporting it, then the system will automatically hide the comment from view, and place it into moderation for a moderator to review. This can be the quickest way to remove an abusive comment from view. This should not be used for comments you merely disagree with, but only ones that are abusive.
• We monitor interactions. At our discretion, we reserve the right to monitor all interactions between you and other Forum members.
• Be cool…or else. We reserve the right to discipline or ban any Forum member for violating the rules, guidelines, and/or spirit of the Forum.
• We only want fun people here. If you post an unacceptable comment, you will either get a warning or be suspended at the discretion of a moderator.
• If you’re banned, the least that will happen is the closure of all accounts held by you. Banned users are not permitted to return to the Ysb Forum under any circumstance.
• To each his own opinion. Content provided by members of our Forum reflect the opinions and experience of those members, not the staff or owners of Ysb.
• You’re giving us rights to re-use what you post. We do not check the accuracy of posted content and accept no responsibility for loss, injury, inconvenience, sustained by any person using any information posted by Ysb Forum members.
• Content found in the Ysb Forum is not to be used for formal and/or
professional research, commercial gain, or redistribution in any way without
the permission of Ysb and the Forum member(s) involved.
• Harmful Digital Communications. If you believe a comment or post on Ysb is harmful to you as defined by the Harmful Digital Communications Act 2015, please e-mail email@example.com You may also text the editor on 021
948877 to alert me to the complaint, but the complaint must be submitted via e-mail and include the information detailed below. If the material is in a post written by the editor, then I will consider the complaint and amend or remove the material if I agree it is harmful. If you do not agree with my decision, then you will be able to complain to the Approved Agency (Netsafe) and/or the District Court. If the material is in a post written by another author (such as a guest poster or a commenter) then Ysb is an online content host under the HDCA, and safe harbour provisions will apply. Ysb will refer your complaint within 48 hours to the actual author and notify them that a request has been made for the material to be removed or amended. The author has a maximum of 48 hours to respond to the complaint. They can do so in three ways: Not respond at all – which will lead to the material being complained about being removed or amended, Agree to have the material removed or amended, which will will be done by the Ysb Editor. Not consent to having the material being removed or amended, in which case it will remain online unless a takedown order from the court is issued. In all cases I can decide to remove or amend comments, regardless of the above procedure, if I believe it is in breach of Ysb policies. These HDCA provisions are in addition to existing policies. The safe
harbour provision means that Ysb does not have liability under the HDCA for
material authored by others, so long as I follow the procedure summarised
below. So any disputes are between the complainant and the author –
• Ysb is merely the online content host. The details of notices and counter notices are in s24 of the HDCA, specifically:
• (3) A notice of complaint must—
(a) state the complainant’s name and a telephone number, a physical address, and an email address for the
(b) state the specific content, and explain why the complainant considers that the specific content—
(i) is unlawful; or
(ii) breaches 1 or more communication principles and has caused harm; and
(c) sufficiently enable the specific content to be readily located; and
(d) state whether the complainant consents to personal information that identifies the complainant being
released to the author; and
(e) contain any other information that the complainant considers relevant.
(4) A counter-notice must state—
(a) the author’s name and a telephone phone number, a physical address, and an email address for the author;
(b) whether the author consents to personal information that identifies the author being released to the
(c) whether the author consents to the removal of the specific content.
• The details of both complainant and author will remain confidential, unless
permission is explicitly given to share your details, or ordered to by a court.
Now go have some fun!
Welcome to my Blog, “You Stupid Boy.” YSB is set up as a forum for all to have their say and I welcome everyone. Comments will be free flowing unless they triggermoderation scrutiny. See YSB Forum Rules.
I am setting up ysb.co.nz as a conversation forum as I believe New Zealand is in a precarious political position and we need all New Zealander’s to be able to voice their concerns freely whatever side of the fence they sit. The question is, will those that are currently in power take the path where New Zealanders are able to have an open and honest discussion on all topics? It is imperative for our safe and stable New Zealand democracy that the people, the voters, are able to critique those who are in power without fear of being shut down, shamed and ultimately silenced because they are not always stating the message deemed currently popular. Censorship is a
slippery slope. but words cannot kill or maim. Only violent actions do that and I in no way condone physical violence or intimidation. It is wrong to single out groups as a whole. I believe in individualism. We are born and raised to make our own way in this world. To make our own decisions and own them. To build a successful life for our individual selves and our families. Words may sting a little occasionally, but New Zealander’s are a resilient bunch who have in the main always enjoyed a robust discussion. Some posters will make controversial statements and any that are over
the top will be moderated. This is a forum for mature debate, for those with
something to say. As a responsible adult it is your choice to visit YSB. If you are easily offended, or looking to be offended, then take your outrage somewhere else.
My Name is Chris Roberts. Unlike Cindy and Robbo, I do own a successful small business. I started this business on my 50th birthday, after previously working in the same industry for 16 years.
I grew up on a sheep and beef farm in the far north and attended a Maori primary school, so I’m at least bilingual at swearing! I became a Meat Inspector working in North Island meat works. Not suited to the stifling restrictions under union activity, I left to travel.
My big OE led me through Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Hong kong, Taiwan, Japan, the USSR, Europe and England. In England lived and worked in Newcastle and London before returning home. Then moving to Coober Pedy in the Australian outback, where I lived in a caravan with an Aussie Blue dog while opal mining. Climbing down an 10m shaft, we used to light the fuse, climb the ladder and run like hell.
I love nothing more than to devour books of all types, and I drive people nuts asking why not, instead of accepting there are no answers. When people tell me I can’t do something, I just go ahead do it anyway. I have been married for 37 years to my very patient wife.
I joined Young Nationals and attended some National Party Conferences. I met various MP’s and aspiring ones. One is even a member of the present government.(Though for how much longer is a matter of conjecture)
In the past year, I have become increasingly disillusioned with National and their caving into and agreeing to the anti-freedom of speech policies of the COL. They have become Labour lite in action.